Darling House, centrally located in Dawes Point, in Sydney’s historic The Rocks precinct, is a heritage-listed Georgian building constructed by convict labour in locally quarried sandstone. Darling House is distinctive as one of only a few remaining free standing dwellings in The Rocks precinct and rarer still for its generous curtilage in the form of landscaped gardens.
Originally constructed between 1833 and 1842 as a fashionable private dwelling, Darling House was extended in the early 1990s and converted into The Rocks Cottage Nursing Home. Since its acquisition by Provectus Care in 2016, the property has been fully restored and sympathetically refurbished into a boutique retirement community offering nine exclusive residences. The extensive restoration has ensured that Darling House’s original Georgian features are preserved whilst further enhancing the property with original Victorian marble fireplaces, historic lead-light windows and period joinery throughout.
Each retirement apartment has been individually fitted out with antique furniture and fittings and offers a range of living and accommodation options with full security, lifestyle and care services. There is full access on a 24-hour basis to health and medical services.
For enquiries relating to Darling House please contact email@example.com